Business 2.0 has an article by David Pescovitz listing six technologies currently being worked on that will have big impacts. Quoting the article's blurbs, they are:
- A device that builds human organs and tissues from scratch.
- Machines that interact with people the way people do.
- A supersonic business jet.
- A fuel cell the size of a marble.
- Computer display screens as thin and flexible as a piece of paper.
- Networks of cheap, aspirin-size sensor robots everywhere.
It's nice to see pointers to the people who are developing this stuff, rather than a "gee whiz, wouldn't it be great if..." kind of article. At any rate, it makes it all seem a little more likely, which is more exciting. (via Techdirt)