The Edge has asked 150 people “What game-changing scientific ideas and developments do you expect to live to see?” There’s too much for me to read through all of them. I was going to pull out a few bits that caught my eye, but seeing as the Edge makes such a strangely big deal of linking to their press coverage you can just follow those links to read highlights picked by other sources, eg Guardian, Telegraph, NPR.
What will change everything?
- Wrong Tomorrow 1 Apr 2009
- How would the USA fragment? 7 Jan 2009
- After the credit crunch13 Oct 2008
- Failing to predict the future 9 Oct 2008
- Chuck Klosterman’s 21st century 9 Oct 2008
- 25 year prediction timeline 4 Feb 2005
- Internet predictions database 4 Feb 2005
- If futurism’s dead, it’s not for that reason 2 Dec 2003
- Four futurists’ predictions14 Oct 2002